The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program is designed to raise the quality of life of the state’s residents. Lilly Endowment Inc. awards full-tuition scholarships to students from each county in Indiana. These four-year tuition scholarships are for undergraduate study in baccalaureate programs at any four-year college or university in the state. Required fees and an annual $900 book stipend are also included.
Lilly Endowment Inc. will provide funding through the Marshall County Community Foundation for new scholarships beginning in the fall of 2013 for Marshall County residents.
- A full, four-year scholarship to an accredited Indiana University or College.
- Open to Marshall County residents graduating from an accredited high school who meet the eligibility requirements.
- Applications available from your high school guidance office or the Marshall County Community Foundation office or website.
- Applications for graduating students are by clicking the following links:
Download and complete all 3 forms; due Friday, January 11, 2013.
The program will provide a scholarship for full tuition, required fees, and a special allocation of up to $900 per year for required books for four (4) years of undergraduate study leading to a baccalaureate degree at any Indiana public or private college or university accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Room and board are not included in this award.
- The applicant must be available for an interview.
- The applicant must be a resident of Marshall County.
- The applicant must be a graduate of an Indiana state accredited high school.
- The applicant may be a nontraditional student who has postponed higher education providing he or she is a graduate of an accredited Indiana high school and meets all other eligibility requirements.
- The applicant must be accepted for a full time, four-year baccalaureate course of study beginning the fall 2013 at an accredited public or private college or university in Indiana.
The Lilly Endowment Community Scholar(s) from Marshall County will be selected by the Marshall County Community Foundation’s Lilly Endowment Scholarship Committee through a written application and an interview.
- The applicant must have a minimum combined SAT score of 1800 for Math, Critical Reading and Writing or a minimum ACT score of 26 and be in the top 10% of their graduating class.
- The applicant must demonstrate participation in school and extracurricular activities.
- The applicant must demonstrate involvement in the community through community service.
- The applicant must demonstrate leadership traits of responsibility, integrity, honesty, and accountability.
- The applicant must express life goals and ambitions through a personal essay.
- The applicant’s transcripts will be reviewed for GPA and class rank (if applicable.)
- Only applications from students enrolling as first year college students will be accepted.
- Information found in the public domain (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social networks), although not part of the formal application, may be considered by the Scholarship Selection Committee.