The purpose of this fund is to assist Triton students in pursuing a post-secondary, undergraduate degree. One or more annual scholarships are to be awarded annually to Triton graduates (and possibly some Triton seniors) with the following criteria as guidelines for awarding these scholarships:
1) Two scholarships of $1000 each (or at least 20% of the available annual distribution from this fund within the pay-out policies of the Community Foundation) will be awarded. The remainder of the income shall be dispersed in scholarships worth at least $599 each ( or at least 10% of the available annual distribution as specified in the Foundation pay-out policy from the Fund)
2) At least half of all awards shall be made to Triton graduates who are at the sophomore level or above their undergraduate programs at either a college or vocational school.
3) First preference shall be given to those students attending a state supported college (currently Indiana University, Indiana State University, Ball State University, Purdue University, University of Southern Indiana, Vincennes University, or any other their satellite branches), community college, (Ivy Tech State College, Ancilla College, or Holy Cross), or a state supported vocational school (Ivy Tech State College or Vincennes University).
4) Financial need, academic promise, and leadership skills will be considered as possible factors in determining scholarship winners.
5) The actual scholarships will be awarded to the students after the successful completion of the fall semester/quarter, under the condition that they are also enrolled as a full time student for the upcoming winter/spring quarter.
The Lewis and Neva Mason Scholarship is renewable annually to previous recipients as long as all other recipient qualifications are met.